Tuesday 26 April 2011

Meet the Deputy Mayor

26th April, 11:30- at Miyagi Prefectural Government

I met Shuichi Miura, the Deputy Mayor of Miyagi Prefecture and reported to him that all the collected money was transferred to their account.
I explained how we organised the Cakes for Sendai, and how our friends and families have supported us through the event.
I also gave him a DVD which has the wonderful photos from the day.

According to him, the money is going to be used for provisional housings and their daily essentials to be installed- such as washing machines, hoovers, refrigerators etc. Your money is supporting people's daily life.
Thank you so much!


1 comment:

Skating Queen said...

As a member of The Cake Committee I am very pleased that we helped to raise so much money for your village.
Give my best wishes to your Grandmother and tell her I have fond memories of Hotel Kawaki -en !

with best wishes from Barbara